D.J. Alexander offers excellent career opportunities in both our Lettings and Legal teams based in our Edinburgh and Glasgow city centre offices.
Please send your CV with a covering email explaining why you feel you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our available roles below:
. Experienced Residential Sales Agent
· Domestic Gas Engineer
· Domestic White Goods Engineer
· Maintenance Administrator
EXPERIENCED RESIDENTIAL SALES AGENT - Edinburgh
We are looking for an experienced Residential Sales Agent looking for a fulfilling role and a career with prospects in a growing company. You are a self-motivated team player who likes to be ahead of the game and relishes working under pressure and to tight timescales.
We are DJ Alexander Legal, a fast-growing estate agency with big ambitions. Our team sells property across the central belt of Scotland and we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service. We currently have offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow, and we are now looking for an experienced Residential Sales Agent to join our dynamic team in central Edinburgh. DJ Alexander Legal is part of the DJ Alexander group of companies which includes Scotland’s largest independent letting agency.
You will be responsible for valuing properties for new clients, marketing them and negotiating their sale. This is a fast-paced role within a dynamic team.
Some of the finer details of the job; you will:
· Proactively seek out potential new clients in addition to following allocated leads
· Be the main point of contact for your clients along their selling journey
· Create bespoke and convincing marketing strategies for your clients, including preparation of sales particulars
· Provide the highest standards of professional advice and service, including keeping clients regularly updated
· Respond promptly and professionally to all enquiries about client properties
· Skilfully negotiate the best price for clients
· Handle offers promptly and professionally; point out options to clients and advise appropriately
· Maintain relationships with clients on an ongoing basis
· Offer related products where appropriate to the client
· Proven track record in residential property sales, preferably with an Edinburgh firm
· The commitment to deliver excellent client service
· Familiarity with processes within a fast paced selling environment
· Ability to deal promptly with clients, buyers, solicitors and surveyors
· Excellent verbal and written sales and communication skills
· Proficiency with all office software
· Friendly, outgoing nature and able to do a high quality job at all times
· Flexibility to work throughout the week with some working on Saturdays and Sundays
· Sound judgement and excellent organisational skills
· Well-presented appearance
· A full UK driving licence
· Current legal right to work in the UK
In return you will get a competitive salary, dependent on experience, a share in our competitive performance rewards package and the chance to grow within our business.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
DOMESTIC GAS ENGINEER
Edinburgh city centre Residential Letting & Estate Agency is looking for enthusiastic domestic gas engineers. The company requires candidates who can deliver excellent organisational and people skills to work independently and also as a team player within an existing well organised and motivated team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and hard-working candidate with a ‘can do’ attitude. Successful applicants will be provided with a van, phone and tablet. Candidate must have experience in domestic gas servicing/fault finding & repairs, boiler/heating installations as well as carrying out gas safety inspections & legionella risk assessments.
Qualifications - SVQ level 3 or equivalent. Current Gas Safe (ACS) qualifications domestic.
Required experience: Domestic Gas Engineer: 2 years’
Salary £26,000 - £30,000
DOMESTIC APPLICANCE ENGINEER/WHITE GOODS
We are looking to recruit an experienced Appliance Engineer to join our expanding maintenance company. You will use your experience to carry out repairs on a range of white goods products from leading manufacturers. You will be responsible for delivering the highest levels of customer satisfaction in line with the expectations of our customers.
You will be a highly competent professional Engineer; possessing excellent customer service skills, have a passion for the job and a desire to succeed. You will take pride in your work and go the extra mile for the customer.
Candidates must have a minimum of 2 year’s experience in the white goods repair sector and have a current working knowledge of at least 4 of the following : - Washing Machines, Tumble Dryers, Dishwashers, Refrigeration, Electric cookers and Gas cookers. It would be distinct advantage if you held a Gas Safe qualification, however this is desirable not essential.
In return we offer an industry leading basic salary with an excellent bonus structure and additional earning opportunities. We aim to develop excellent prospects for the future through internal promotion opportunities.
Other benefits include: company van for business use, mobile phone, IPad, uniform, pension scheme and 28 days annual holiday allowance per year. Salary: £25,000 - £28,000
LETTING AGENCY MAINTENANCE ADMINISTRATORS
D.J. Alexander, one of Scotland's largest and most respected property management companies, are now recruiting for Property Maintenance Administrators to work in our fast-paced office in Easter Road, Edinburgh. Reporting to the Property Maintenance Manager the overall purpose of this role is to manage the day-to-day property administration.
· Answering telephone calls
· General office admin work
· Liaising with landlords and tenants
· Obtaining quotes and dealing with insurance claims.
· Liaising with all contractors and tenants to organise maintenance works
· Organising annual safety certification checks.
· Entering general data into system
· Self motivated
· Pro-active 'can do' approach
· Excellent organisational and prioritising ability
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Confident in liaising with clients internally and externally
· Initiative and ability to work under pressure
· Friendly, outgoing and keen to do a high quality job at all times
· Must have previous letting agency experience of repairs and maintenance
· Extremely customer focused
· High accuracy and attention to detail
· Basic knowledge of Health & Safety compliance
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
· Strong administration and coordination skills
If you cannot see a vacancy suited to your experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for future consideration.
All applications will be treated confidentially.