D.J. Alexander offers excellent career opportunities based in our Edinburgh and Glasgow city centre offices.
Please send your CV with a covering email explaining why you feel you should be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our available roles below:
Property Manager - Edinburgh Office
We are looking for a property manager with at least one years’ experience working within property lettings with a good working knowledge of the different areas of Edinburgh. Alternatively someone with a strong sales background within a target driven environment will be considered for the role. A full driving licence is required as a company car is provided.
- Carrying out viewings of available properties
- Negotiating tenancy agreements
- Liaising with landlords after viewings to agree tenancies
- Managing landlords expectations regarding possible works required during void period
- Managing incoming tenants expectations to avoid disappointment at move in
- Renegotiating entry dates as required
- Dealing with phone, email and walk in enquiries
- Booking appointments
- Updating landlords
- Rent arrears visits
- New inventories and inventory updates
- Check out inspections
- Confirming cleaning requirements
- Establishing dilapidation responsibility
- Gathering evidence for SDS claims
- Liaising with the team over issues affecting proposed lease start date
- Routine inspections and resulting landlord updates/upgrades
- Updating system/saving reports/inventories/photos
Salary depending on experience.
EXPERIENCED DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Who you are -
You are an experienced Database Administrator looking for a fulfilling and challenging role and a career with prospects in a growing company with big plans. You are a self-motivated team player who likes to be ahead of the game and relishes working under pressure.
Who we are:-
We are DJ Alexander, a fast-growing UK estate agency with big ambitions. Our team currently sells property across the central belt of Scotland and we pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service. We currently have data spread across a number of disparate systems and we are seeking a data expert to join our dynamic team in central Edinburgh. DJ Alexander is part of the DJ Alexander group of companies which includes Scotland’s largest independent letting agency.
What the job involves:-
You will be responsible for bringing together data from across our business units, setting up new procedures and providing design input and data knowledge into our software team.
Some of the finer details of the job; you will:
- • In conjunction with our software development manager and software development teams, design persistence storage to meet our future requirements
• Design and plan data capacity, installation, configuration, migration, performance monitoring, security, backup and data recovery
• Extract data from existing sources, transform and load into the new persistence storage, performing merges to de-duplicate data
• Design and implement data resource controls and performance measures
• Use initiative and imagination to complete data knowledge requirements from a variety of external sources
• Design and implement data protection policies in accordance with current and future regulations
• Analyse data to provide new strategic insights into our business
- What you will need:
• Proven track record in database operation and design
• Strong analytical and organisational skills
• Eye for detail and accuracy
• Excellent understanding of structured query language (SQL)
• Excellent knowledge and experience in relational database management systems (RDBMS), object oriented database management systems (OODBMS), NoSQL database management systems and XML database management systems
• Current experience with a variety of database software and web-based applications and channels
• The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
• Up-to-date knowledge of technology and data regulations
• Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing
• Degree qualification in computer science or a related subject
• Current legal right to work in the UK
What we will give you:
- • A competitive salary dependent on experience and other benefits
• The chance to grow within our rapidly expanding business
Salary depending on experience.
Property Sales & Letting Receptionist - Glasgow Office
Prestigious property sales and letting agency currently recruiting for a Receptionist to be based in our Glasgow Branch on Bath Street. The fast paced environment means that employees need to work under pressure and have a superb attention to detail.
The ideal candidate would have reception experience in property sales and letting, be well spoken, have a polite, helpful manner, be well presented and educated to a Higher standard or above. Furthermore a good understanding of word, excel, e-mails would be required and an interest in property would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills:-
- Confidence and self-motivation
- Able to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Prioritise duties
- Maintain excellent time-keeping and attendance
- Remain professional at all times
- Be a good team player
- Build and maintain good relationships with colleagues
- Be willing to take on jobs to balance the team workload
- Always maintain a smart, professional appearance
Main duties will include:-
- Answer telephone and direct calls
- Take and relay messages
- Provide information to callers
- Maintain appointment diary
- Deal with incoming email enquiries
- Greet persons entering organisation
- Manage our busy key register
- Deal with queries and access arrangements
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Prepare correspondence and documents·
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries·
- Tidy and maintain the reception area
If you cannot see a vacancy suited to your experience please send your CV to email@example.com for future consideration.
All applications will be treated confidentially.