CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY 30TH OCTOBER 12:00PM
in 1955, this is a mid-century three-bedroom two storey detached house, in the Colinton district of Edinburgh, lying to the south west of the city centre. It is an ideal family home and has well established and maintained gardens both to the front and back of the house, as well as a single car garage and driveway that enables off-street parking. Constructed on an east/west axis, the accommodation is naturally bright and comprises: welcoming glazed vestibule leading into the hallway with large under stair cupboard; spacious ‘L’ shaped living room overlooking both front and back gardens, with parquet floor and its original fire place that houses a flame effect gas fire; kitchen with external side door and wall and floor mounted units with work surfaces with tiled splashbacks and slot in appliances and; a naturally lit WC with two piece suite. The stair benefits from a window making the ground floor hallway and first floor landing full of light. The first floor has: three double bedrooms with the principal one having a built-in wardrobe and; windowed tiled bathroom with three-piece suite and separate shower cabinet.
Double glazing and gas fired central heating
Detached single car garage
Front and back gardens
Located approximately five miles south west of Edinburgh city centre, Torphin Road is situated in the popular Colinton area. Historic Colinton retains much of its village charm and offers a good selection of amenities including restaurants, village pubs, a bank, Post Office, some local shops and a convenience store, whilst all major supermarkets are available within approximately two and half miles. There are several schools, Merchiston Castle School and George Watson’s school, in the private sector and Bonaly Primary School and Firrhill High School in the public sector.